Friday, February 8, 2008

aj got the virus

What am I up to lately? Other than posting my expiring opps & my long delayed tags. I'm keeping an eye on Aj's health.

Aj was sick last week because of measles- see here. By Saturday, his measles subsided so I thought it was over. I was wrong
! :(

Just this Tuesday at about 3am, I suddenly woke up with a deep sense of anxiety so I tried to check on AJ. I look at him and saw him sleeping soundly. All of a sudden I heard a strange sound. It was him, he abruptly vomits with no reason at all!

I was so alarm but I still tried to calm myself and had the thought that I overfed him that evening which causes his burst. He cried and I tried to calm him down, he fell asleep on my arms and bought him back to bed.

At about 6am we woke up and fed Aj's his milk, he zips and drank it all ‘till the last drop. But he vomited everything after that! I was horrified and got so worried, so I called my MIL and ask her what’s happening. She said that everything is just fine, he might be experiencing some indigestion or something and it will be over in a little while. Although troubled, I still went to work and reassured myself that everything is well.

At about 2pm and I got a text from my Tita, and told me that I need to go home and that we need to send AJ to his pedia because his queasiness still didn’t stop. So, I called my hubby and ask him if he can leave early from work so that he can assist us to the Pedia. At about half an hour my hubby came and we rush going home. When we arrived, Aj was asleep so we had a time to talk to MIL. "What happened?" She said that AJ keeps on vomiting every time he drinks his own milk. Worst, Aj got frightened on drinking his milk, with the tought that he'll vomit everything after! So at about 20 minutes when Aj woke up we immediately went to the pedia ( Dra. Aguas ).

Aj cried the moment he saw his pedia , "para ba cyang na trauma! Hay, poor baby." :( So when Dr Aguas was done with the check up, she concluded that Aj was experiencing a common gastro virus that is prominent nowadays on children, especially on babies. Well it’s not an epidemic or something, though the virus is airborne. "Between this month daw, mas mataas talaga ang bilang ng mga babies na affected. "

Good thing daw that Aj is not having any diarrhea. Because most of her patients where treated thru confinement due to probable dehydration, kase other than vomitting they also have diarrhea. So, Dr Aguas just gave Aj some medicines - an anti-diarrhea, anti–edmic(vomit) and an oral salt for anti-dehydration. He has to take this medicines for 3-5 days, after that, everything will be back to normal. Thank God again!

So as of this moment, Aj is still recovering from all of it, though may matching sumpong on the side. He doesn’t want me to leave his sight, “ganyan nga talaga pag maysakit ang tao noh, and nanay tlga ang hinahanap”

Hay, the past few days has been traumatic for me and for Aj as well, I just hope and pray to the Lord that this time Aj will totally recover.

7 comments:

Gabriel said...

Hey there! I like Friday's Feast too much to wait for a whole week, so I came up with my own version for today. Wanna play?

My post is here. If you like it, tag those who commented on your last feast! :-)

Don't worry, I left a message there asking for permission! (but it's still awaiting moderation) ;-)

Cheers,
Gabriel - Live from Waterloo

Gabriel said...

By the way, and after having read your post, I also hope Aj gets well soon.

Anonymous said...

jkhope Aj feels better soon!
kala ko OK na sha..

tc

Pam said...

thanks for the award.. hope AJ gets better soon.

Lhen said...

Oh my, I hope maging ok na c Aj sis! c Lyka naman nilalagnat,:( hirap tlga pag ganyan. Hope will be well soon!

Anonymous said...

panahon yata talaga ng sakit sa mga bata ngaun. just make sure may pedialyte ka sa bahay for cases like this. si anevay din ganyan kaya naconfine.

Mich said...

sis, hope AJ is better now. uso na ba measles?