Thursday, February 28, 2008

goodbye binky

You know what? I’m really happy! Why? Aj just said goodbye to his “binky” (pacifier). Yipeey! Isn’t that good news for a mom striving to eliminate a pacifier from her dependent baby? Yipeey again!

Well, the goodbye thingy wasn’t really planned. It was last 2 weeks ago, when my FIL & Aj went out to buy something at a nearby grocery, and accidentally lost the pacifier. Aj might have spit his binky out of boredom so he dropped it from we don’t know where.

Actually my FIL didn’t notice that Aj’s pacifier was on his mouth when they left the house, so all along he thought that Aj’s binky is safe and sound. It was only after a few hours when they realized that they have lost it.

At first, everyone was hysterical. We were so afraid that Aj might not sleep well that night or every night after that, without his pacifier. (Remember my post when we lost it before at my Mom’s house? They even went out 1 in the morning just to purchase another one. ) So, what we did was we went to the mall and search for a pacifier that looks and feels like Aj’s old binky.

Unfortunately, it was out of stock, so we purchased something like it nalang. But Aj didn’t like it. He emit the new pacifier out of his mouth and just cried. Hay! I thought it will never end. But after a few days (mga 2 days cguro) his binky dependency seems to subside. Now, he sleeps well and even eats well pa! Lalu nga syang tumakaw! Para bang ang food ang nagging outlet nya when he feels the urged of “sucking”.

So there, I’m really thankful that the pacifier was lost and Aj was able to adjust without it for just a couple of days. It was really a “blessing in disguise”. My worries about any dental and speech problems that the pacifier might trigger are also over. Thank God talaga! :)


1 comments:

Farah Deen said...

thats great! my baby girl still loves her pacifier and I am not sure when she will give it up!