Tuesday, January 29, 2008

aj has measles!

OMG, just got a text message from hubby, he said that Aj is down with measles! God! I want to go home this instant but I can't! I'm still at work and have a pending audit work! I'm so worried, what should I do? I know measles is a terrible disease, although my hubby said that it’s just a weak measles or ‘tidgas hangin lang" but I still have something to worry about db?

Now, I understand why Aj has been sick and so irritated for the past few days. He had a fever last Saturday and I thought it was just his tooth rupturing. We went to the Pedia the next day and his doctor said he has an infected gum, so she gave Aj some antibiotics and gum paste as pain relievers. It was terrible seeing AJ so helpless, imagine he can’t even zip his milk bottle because of pain. Can you believe that for one day, he only drank 2 ounces of milk! “Kawawa talaga sya”

But now I'm happy that after he drank his first dose of antibiotics, he was able to eat a bit and drink his milk. I thought he’s all well na, because he has no fever or whatsoever, though he’s still quite annoyed.

So, I thought it was over, hindi pla! – I never thought that Aj will have a measles this early, after all his booster shots against it. Hay, I hope everything will just be fine and over soon. :(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i can relate to your feeling at this moment as a mother. it's really hard to see our baby suffer from even a minor sickness. ako nga kung pwede lang akuin ko na lang lahat ng sakit nila...

Vina P said...

eds, baby ko rin nagka-tigda hangin last week. hay.

Anonymous said...

i do hope aj will feel better. my anevay was sick from sunday until kahapon. kaya nde ako nakablog hop! thank god ngaun ok na sya. tumaas lagnat nya to 39. grabe nakakapraning. its a lot different talaga pag baby mo na nagkakasakit.

i'll include aj in my prayers. sana gumaling na sya soon.