Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's Finished

It’s finished. My friend was finally laid to rest last Sunday.


At that time all I want was to burst my emotions and I did. I wept until I had no tears to ooze and until my eyes hurt and got baggy. I wanted to cry because I wanted him to see that I care for him more then he knows – an emotion that I haven’t really showed when he was still alive. {*regretting*}. I cried from the time they pulled him out of his place till the time they closed his coffin at the cemetery. The feeling was unbearable. I accompanied his wife and made myself strong, knowing she feels worst than I am and that she could break at anytime and she did. :(

Red and I have known each other since 2001, by 2003 he was transferred to my department. He was my assistant on every task that I do. Everyday we have different transactions to share (work and nonwork-related) and more often than work is those days of just being a friend and an argue mate which I really miss. From the time we met, we see and talk to each other everyday for almost 8 hours a day, 6 days a week and we did that for almost 8 years! So imagine how I felt when our supervisor on duty called me at 3:30 in the morning on that dreadful day of January 7, 2009, the day where his life was cut short! :(

Since that day I never had a serene sleep because all I see was his image (each time I close my eyes). I never felt this kind of pain before, maybe because his death was unexpected and unbearable. He could have survived if he was careful and responsible enough. Urgh! :(

Or maybe what pains me more is that my hope of having a joyous and fruitful start this year had suddenly perished because of death! :,(

Hush! Enough of this! I need to move on and just think of that fact that he’s now in peace. No worries, no pain, no stresses or whatever, just peace. And all I have to think now are those unforgettable happy, wacky memories that we had when he was still with us.

Or maybe for a while.. I might convince myself that he just resigned and left for abroad and that he may never come back home… maybe… in time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Eds. Will say a prayer for him and his family and keep you in my thoughts. (((hugs)))