Friday, January 23, 2009

Pain Pain Go Away!

Thank God for my eyes and hands – or else I wouldn’t be able to communicate this very instant! Why? Because of this dry, painful throat that’s been bugging me since this morning! Urgh! :( I woke this morning with a severe dryness on my throat and difficulty swallowing which made my condition even worst. My conclusion – SORE THROAT!


I went to work with a painful throat and went away from the phone early after getting the idea that the one on the line cannot understand a word I say. Gosh, it’s been more than a year ( I think) since I got my last attack on this virus. Well, I’ve been coughing (courtesy of hubby) for two days and just last night my coughing subsided but a tingling itch in my throat suddenly began.

Anyways, I’m currently browsing the web for some home cure remedies that would
relieve my pain and fortunately I’ve found some easy to do cure that I can try later at home.

Here are some of them that I might try ( which I think my mom had told me before )

PLAN A:
Water/salt. Mix a teaspoon of salt in eight ounces of quite warm water. Gargle the whole mixture several times a day. This will increase the blood supply to the area by washing away mucus and dilating capillaries, thereby enabling better circulation of infection-fighting antibodies.

PLAN B:
Ginger. Peel the skin from a small ginger root. Slice the root into thin coins and place the pieces into a small pot of water. Boil the pieces to make tea. The tea should turn a yellowish (straw) or tan color. Add three tablespoons of your favorite honey to sweeten the tea. Sip the hot tea slowly. The tea gives a sharp tingle to the throat after swallowing it. After you sip it, gently clear your throat. This tea also works for trying to get your voice back after a cold.

PLAN C:
Honey/apple cider vinegar. Mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and ¼ cup of honey. Take one tablespoon every four hours or as needed for pain relief.

PLAN D:
To the doctor of course
! It’s time to take some medication then, right?

Oh well! Goodluck to me!

0 comments: