Wednesday, January 28, 2009

May he be the LAST

I didn’t work or blog yesterday because I wasn’t feeling well. I got a fever and somehow it got worst when my dad called me telling me that my Uncle Fred who was diagnosed with the big C last November 2008 had died! Yes, this is the second one this year (I hate January!). Urgh!

Uncle Fred is my dad’s elder brother. He is the eldest amongst the 10 siblings and the only one who hasn’t had any wife and children. He was single man and was an alcoholic dude. He literally gargle alcoholic drinks everyday even though he hasn’t eaten anything yet. I think he was a kinda rebellious because he felt neglected and useless by his family. That’s why last November 2008 he got a problem on his bowel movement and when the doctor checks on him, they saw numerous cysts in his various organs. He has one on his liver, colon and in his lung area. He was then given 3 months to live and yesterday was his last day. Sad to say, he has to die in a painful manner. I never had a glimpse since the day he had cancer. I would rather store a non-cancerous image of him in my mind than remembering how he looks when he got the disease. But as everybody has been saying, its better that he was finally laid to rest in a place where there’s no cancer and no more pain. No more dreaded disease, no more pain. Just plain happiness and serenity.

May you rest in peace Uncle Fred.

Please Lord please stop the hurting now.. may he be the last one Father… or I can’t take it anymore... :(

5 comments:

Insights from the Grocery Cart said...

Hi sis. I hope all is well with you now.

Nanaybelen said...

dropped here.

Anonymous said...

...that's sad...

...hope you could overcome all this..anyways everything happens for a reason and those pains can make you stronger.. just have faith..

Aja! ;p

Anonymous said...

hello. keep on praying. God will comfort you in times of pain.

Mich said...

sis sorry to hear about your uncle