Saturday, June 14, 2008

is he TV-holic?

I’m talking about Aj. Ever since he turned 1 yr and 10 this month, his sleeping habits have become more unsettling.

When he was less than a year old, AJ was caught off sleeping by 7pm. Then, when he was a year and a half old his latest wake hour was 8:30 pm. But now that he’s reaching his terrible two stages, you can still hear him talking till 10:30pm! Gosh! By that time, I’m dreadfully begging him to sleep!

Hmm, whatever happened to my early babe sleeper?

And about the TV thingy, I think he’s been watching a lot especially when I’m not around. I’ve observed that he loves commercial clips more than before and loves “Joaquin Bordado”, which is quite disturbing for me as a mom, because whenever his in front of the TV watching, you couldn’t divest his attention easily from it. And for me, this might also be a probable cause for his late sleeping habit. Am I right? What should I do?

Do you think its right for me to be anxious or am I overreacting again?




7 comments:

Lou said...

Hello friend, give AJ a "tv-time" and beyond that no more. Let him play in the morning para he'll get tired heheh And avoid giving him foods with too much sugar--nagiging hyper sila.

See you in my blogs!

Regards,
Lou

A Peek Into My Mind
The Shutterbug

faeryrowan said...

hi, eds. i worry about the same thing. but now that classes are starting for my kids, i explicitly told them no more TV time after dinner. you just have to take control over AJ's tv time. :)

Anonymous said...

hi eds! does AJ sleep during afternoons pa?

basta set some TV time for him lang. as early as now, dapat he knows may rules na re that..:)

Anonymous said...

wehehehehe forgot, a tag for you here

Eds said...

Lou -> thanks sa advise sis! sa morning he likes to go outside to play, medyo napapadalas lang cya pag late afternoon where my in laws start watching their fave series.. yah sbi nga nila nakakahyper un..

thanks again ha.. sabihan ku ulit in laws ko about it heheh :)

Eds said...

Faeryrowan -> Thanks for the advise. yeah, he needs more control on his TV time ,but somehow the problem is im not always with Aj.... im out from work from 7 in the morning and ill be home by 7pm then... so the only time im with him from monday to saturday is before 7am and after 7pm :(

Eds said...

Vannie-> he sleeps mga 12pm hanga 2pm sis... yeah, i really have to be strict in his tv time.. in that case i really need to speak to my in laws, thanks sis! :)