Friday, November 30, 2007

aj's binky


Like many parents, I thought that AJ's pacifier was a lifesaver -- at least at first. Every time he wakes up and cries, just pop-in the pacifier and he's fast asleep, good for me but definitely a bad habit for my baby. I'm afraid that he won't break his binky at age 2.

He had his pacifier since he was 3 months. His pedia advised us to give him a pacifier, for him to break his frequent feedings. He was asking for milk every hour and just vomit everything after. His pedia advised us to limit his feeding hours by 3 hours interval with the help of this pacifier. Since then, he never stop sucking! And sometimes it was quite bothersome 'coz he is so dependent on his binky, to the point that he can't sleep without it!

Let me tell you an "inis" story about his binky.

Sometime this year, we spend a night at my parent's house. It was 11:30 pm when everybody in the house was asleep, Aj woke up crying. Our usual ritual, we feed in some milk bottle , then he will stop crying and continue to sleep. But unfortunately after he finished his bottle, he's still awake and crying.

Next step was to pop-in his binky- his pacifier. I tried to reach in thru our pillows, where we usually place his binky every night, but I could find it. I tried to wake up my hubby to help me find it. But still, no pacifier was found. Aj was hysterical! We tried to soothe him by cradling and sang to him his fave lullaby but still he was crying! As in loud!My parents woke up because of that and headed to our room. They helped us search for the binky but wala parin, it was past 12 na and Aj was still awake and crying.

Our desperate move, my dad and hubby went out to look for a pacifier! hay, it was terrible. We were so puyat and I was so worried of Aj. They came home before 12:30 am and have a pacifier in their hand, we immediately sterilized it and gave it to Aj, in just minutes Aj was down asleep! Gosh!

That morning, Aj woke up with a baggy eye because of his unending cry. Then, we wondered, where did his pacifier go? We tried to search again and finally found out where it is. The pacifier was in my daddy's bag! Gosh, que horror! It fell when we arrange the bed sheet and na shoot sa bag ng daddy ko.. Andun lang pla, hindi ba nakakainis yun? hay, ang pacifier nga naman, nakakaaddict! :)



0 comments: