Tuesday, March 4, 2008

night wakings...

Is it normal for toddlers to frequently wake up during the night or early in the morning and with some crying ritual at the same time? Unfortunately, Aj has been like this for a couple of weeks now.

He started having his regular “night waking” since the day he said goodbye to his pacifier. ( I think ha ) I’m not sure if this is still an “aftershock” of his dependency to his binky” but nevertheless it’s still bothersome to Aj and especially to us his parents. I personally am worried with the effects of this to his development. Db a child experiences maximum development during his sleep? So what happens if he doesn’t get the sleep that he needs? Db? Why is he like this, is he overtired?

I tried relieving any possible aches, especially in his tummy, by applying an "efficacent oil", para iwas kabag! Then, I also applied some lotion with lavender scent for him to have a soothing sleep. Pero wa epek parin! He still wakes up and cries! :(

Another thing, because of his regular waking and crying, his dad get annoyed to the point that he scolded him from crying too much, and when Adrian does that, Aj cries even more. Hayyy! Sometimes, this issue results to minor misunderstanding between me and Adrian and I just hate it!

What should I do? Does anyone of you mommies experienced this with your babies before? I read some books regarding this night wakings, but it’s just not enough for me. I want actual proofs! ;)


Btw, Aj is exactly 19 months today.

Hay, I really need some help here!!! :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

night wakings? I never seen before.I heard my brother talk when he is sleeping.This freak me out!

By the way can you kindly vote my post at http://ericchan1.blogspot.com/2008/03/happy-moments.html

I hope i got 5 stars from you! haha

Eds said...

hi eric, thanks! yes, my son is WAKING up in the middle of the evening and sometimes early in the morning about 3am, then he cries a lot. :(

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm have no experience with toddlers, but there are several articles on the internet about it. Most of them say it is a form of separation anxiety and that it eventually goes away. I don't know much more than this. Hope it helps!

C.A. aka "t'que" said...

yup sis it is a separation anxiety. ganyan din ang anak ko when he gave up his "teta" (pacifier). what i did was... I gave him my favorite pillow. from then on wala ng gambala sa gabi. wala ng umiiyak. maybe u can try to give him something to hold while he sleeps that will give comfort. parang security blanket ba! hope this helps :)

Eds said...

Pancit Nation- >Hi! thanks for the comment! yeah i think its separate anxiety, maybe because I'm a working mom he's like craving for our attention? I think ha, thanks :)

C.A. -> Thanks dito sis.. Sis, meron naman cya hawak sis, he has a small blanket that he can't sleep without. Parang kapalit ung ng pacifier nya, but he still cries at night :( Hay, bka nga cguro he needs some cuddle...