Friday, March 7, 2008

time to refresh

Since preschool to college years, I’ve been very exposed to the holy book. The Bible is a very significant "read" to me because it has showered me lots of memories to be treasured. Before, when I was still at school we usually have some bible sessions almost everyday. After that, during weekends, I usually attend a bible study class with my cousins. Well, as most of you don’t know, my relatives on my moms’ side are Methodist and regularly practice cathetism. Though I was raised thru Catholic preachings and went to Catholic schools, their teachings are almost the same as ours.

Cathetism, if I spelled it correctly is the term for laymen who preached the bible verses and scriptures thru teaching or thru spreading the word from people to people. Hmm, I just miss those days where I would join them preach and study the bible. I almost thought I will be a nun for being so religious then. Lol! You know how devoted Catholics are, although my mom is a methodist before, she was automatically converted to Romac Catholic (My Dads' religion). Nevertheless, the holy book is very important to them, either Methodist or Catholic, the bible has been their life.

But now, everything had change, since I started working, my priorities and interest really changed significantly. Imagine I don’t even have my own bible at home. Gosh! Is that a mortal sin? OMG! Can’t even remember if it is! Oh my, I really have to straight things up and develop my spirituality. I have to refresh my christian finance and be more devoted with it from now on.

0 comments: