Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Miracle on 34th Street is my favorite Christmas Special

Contributed by Milford Woods

Even though Miracle on 34th Street is a movie I still consider it my favorite non-animated Christmas special. Ever since I was a very young child I can remember Miracle on 34th Street being on TV Christmas Eve. There is just something special about that movie. Every Christmas Eve when we get home from my mother-in-laws house after opening gifts and eating a wonderful dinner the first thing I do is put on the Best Choice TV to watch Miracle on 34th Street. It is just a tradition in our house.

I make some hot chocolate for my husband and I and we sit down and watch the movie. Even though we know exactly what is going to happen next we would not miss this movie for anything in the entire world. We always make sure we are home in time to watch Miracle on 34th Street. It is on every Christmas Eve at 8 pm central time. The movie is still shown in black and white and I personally hope they never make it in color. The black and white just makes the movie have so much more meaning.

The movie stars Maureen O'Hara as Doris Walker, John Payne as Fred Gailey, Edmund Gwenn as Santa Claus, Gene Lockhart as Judge Henry X. Harper, and Natalie Wood as Susan Walker.


0 comments: