Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Good Time To Read

I appreciate the guest post, Marian Combs


The first snow of winter is an excellent time to sit down with a good book. There's no better time to engage in this activity. Don't worry about whether or not it's a holiday book; any book will be special if you read it during a snowy day when the great outdoors is off-limits. You can read an intellectual book, mystery novel, or holiday classic. It's going to keep you company during a long day inside. I've found myself happy to do this many times, enjoying a book more than ever before. It's not necessarily the only time I read but it's certainly my favorite time to read. I'm not all about reading though.


After I finish my good book, I'll always turn on my direct tv satellite specials and watch Christmas shows for a long time. It's my way of having fun even though I'm stuck indoors. I recommend these things to anyone that gets cabin fever when they must stay in during a snow. It's something that will let you appreciate those quiet times at home. They won't be a curse anymore, but an opportunity to learn more about yourself and the world through quiet activities like reading and watching television. I know many of my friends that love to read during the first snow of the winter, and I can definitely see why they love this.

0 comments: