Friday, December 31, 2010

Getting into the Holiday Spirit

Guest post written by my buddy Angelo Cooper

One of my first Christmas memories as a young girl was watching the movie, How The Grinch Stole Christmas. I remember watching this movie with my cousins at the age of five or six and being totally engrossed in the animation and story. I loved each and every one of the characters, especially all of the Whos in Whoville. I immediately asked my mom to buy me the book and it has been one of my most cherished Christmas keepsakes ever since. The vivid words and drawing of this movie stood out to me so much at such a young age, and I remember not being able to take my eyes away from the film.

Today, I still find myself getting sucked into this classic animated movie, whenever it comes on my satellite tv that i got after seeing this TV comparison. There is something so special about the way the movie was made and each of the characters that immediately makes it feel like Christmas. While there have been updated remakes of the movie, the classic, animated cartoon from the late sixties is still my all time favorite Christmas movie. Each Christmas season, I find myself searching for this movie to help put me in the Christmas spirit, and it always does the job perfectly.

0 comments: