Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Should I see an Ophthalmologist ?

I’ve been blogging for about 3 hours now which means I’ve been in front of my laptop for about 4 hours already. Hmm.. Why is it feels like I’ve been browsing the internet for a day already? What does this means? My eyes are so tired and they feel itchy and somewhat teary. Does this means I need to wear prescription eye glasses? Oh my! I hope not.

Actually, this eye discomfort has been bugging me since last year. Well, maybe working in a computer filled room for 8 hours is the culprit. Imagine being an in front of a computer 8 hours a day, 6 days a week and that is for 9 years! God! My eyes have really been damage for overexposure already. Urgh!

But I am a bit afraid to go to an ophthalmologist and wear prescription glasses for it may make my eye problem worst. Just like what my friend Judith told me before. She was forced to wear glasses during the day because her sight needs to be corrected but because she’s not into wearing glasses she usually take them off when she feels like it. Result – more stigmatism was detected. Now, she’s wearing a thicker lens eyeglass just for her to see.

So what do you think? Should I see an eye expert now?

0 comments: