Friday, April 29, 2011

Kate Middleton Wedding Gown was Victorious

Yesterday was a very festive day in United Kingdom and that includes other countries as well who witness the grandest wedding of the century. With almost 2,000 guests, Prince William (who is now The Duke of Cambridge) and Kate Middleton (was named as the Duchess of Cambridge) has said their vows yesterday April 29 at Westminster Abbey.

It was never in my plan to watch the whole wedding celebration yesterday but when my husband turns on the television and watch BBC World News, my eyes were glued with the extravagant details of the wedding and got excited of Kate Middleton’s wedding dress.

I watch from 6am (UK Time) in the morning until the end of the ceremony at Westminster Abbey. Unfortunately, I missed the KISS that everyone was talking about because I went to the bathroom!lol! Anyway, it wasn’t a big deal because I could still view the kiss at You Tube.lol!

What I really wanted to see was the wedding dress and boy all I can say was it was worth the waiting!


The new Duchess of Cambridge wore a very simple yet elegant and very classy gown designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen’s house. The gorgeous gown had an elegant lace sleeves to add a formal touch befitting the venue. The lace appliqué was hand-made by the Royal School of Needlework using the Carrickmacross lace-making technique, which served as her "something old."

In contrast to Princess Diana's 25-foot train, Catherine's (carried by her lady-in-waiting, sister Pippa) was a relatively modest length of just over eight feet.


The fingertip-length veil with embroidered trim on the other hand was made from ivory silk tulle and was also done by the Royal School of Needlework.

Overall, I really love the classiness and simplicity of the gown. It perfectly suits the personality and the figure of the Duchess of Cambridge.

(photos from people.com)

1 comments:

rikka said...

She's really lovely! Hope I can get that wedding in my 10th wedding aniv...hehehe

Hope you can visit me back...
MustHaveFood

Psychotic Thoughts