Friday, February 27, 2009

Static Mode

It’s been a long time since I got my hair done so when I got the chance this morning to have it straight I immediately yield into it and look what happen.

My hair got static!

Gosh! My strands keep on rising every time I comb it and it literally ticks every time I stroke it with my comb. Hmm.. Is this the consequence of wearing rubber and being in front of the computer all day?

Well, the whole static hair thingy freaks me out so I tried searching the web for some remedies on it. And here’s what I got from this site.

1. Rub a dryer sheet against your clothes and head. This works, I do it all the time. Takes literally seconds plus you end up smelling dryer fresh.

2. Lotion- Apparently staying moisturized helps you from getting shocked or building up static electricity. Applying lotion after a shower especially during the winter seasons helps you from picking up shocks.

3. Apply metal to metal - If you are tired of getting shocked by your doorknob or kitchen towel rack etc. Touch the surface first with your metal keyes or a spoon etc. The other metal will absorb the built up electricity.

4. Fake Fibers - apparently synthetic fibers build up more static electricity than natural ones.. so if you are a frequent fan of the spandex you are in for some shocks! Ha!

Anyways, I hope these tips work because I’ll be trying them in a little while! Lol! I just hope I can also browse a promotional product on anti-hair static! lol!

1 comments:

Pau-pau said...

Hi sis! Visiting you! :)