Friday, March 6, 2009

All Hail the Master Rapper

The battle has ended…

(1964 - 2009)

"Three stars and a sun, in one sky, so high,
I live and die and die will I for my
Motherland this is the land of my birth,
No purse is worth the price of this earth
Can we rise, can we all, hell no!,
Or should we all just take the fall?
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one
...3 stars & a sun!"

Master Rapper Francis Magalona passed away yesterday noon. He was 44...

My officemate who has a nearby house near our office break the news after lunch and I was really saddened when I heard it. I had high hopes that Francis M would survive or at least live much longer because of his hopes and courage. I always read his blog to check on his updates and as he said he was very happy for his upcoming stem cell transplant this month. But apparently he didn’t make it to the date and he has the leave his family and "us", his fans yesterday.

I like Kiko and I can say that I’m a big fan (especially hubby). But my admiration got even higher when he got the diseases and was still on his feet fighting with chin up and as the title of his other blog says, he’s into a “Happy Battle”.

He was a great lost in our Music Industry but a great pride for the hopeless. I know how his friends and family feels this very instant because I’ve been there. Sad to say… :(

But as we all know, life has to go on… at least Kiko wouldn’t feel the pain of chemotherapy and sepsis now, right? Again, to his family and friends… Our Condolences…

May you rest in peace Francis... you're free.. and BRAVO for a great fight!

2 comments:

Chris said...

i couldnt agree more...

imelda said...

hes such a nbig loss to the music industry...