Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hot Dogs Can Cause Cancer on Children

I got really worried when I came across an article about hot dogs causing cancer on children.

My children love hot dogs to the point that they can have hot dogs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think most children have hotdogs cravings are well. I just want this article to all my readers for your family’s health.


(article & photo credit: Complete Health and Happiness)

According to a L.A. Times article:

" Children who eat more than 12 hot dogs per month have nine times the normal risk of developing childhood leukemia, a USC epidemiologist has reported in a cancer research journal. Two other reports in the same issue of Cancer Causes and Control suggest that children born to mothers who eat at least one hot dog per week during pregnancy have double the normal risk of developing brain tumors, as do children whose fathers ate hot dogs before conception. "
 

That is why when I saw the article, I immediately told my husband to never buy hot dogs and lower our purchase on processed foods. I also told him that if we cannot totally eliminate hot dogs on our place we might as well monitor our kid's intake. We should only have at most 6 hot dogs a month for them.

Hopefully, we can eliminate it fully as months pass by.

We have to do this for the sake of our children.

0 comments: